Popular Posts

Thursday, August 6, 2015

"A tribute to Red: a life well lived"

If I would have known the last time that I saw you would have been my last time seeing you; I never would have left your side. 

If I would known the last words I spake to you were the last words that you would hear from me, then I never would have stopped talking. 

If I would have known that our time would have been cut this short, I would have taken more trips - hugged your belly - made you smile - spent more nights and snapped more pictures.


If I would have known that 23 years ago I would love you like a dad, but 23 years later I would be saying goodbye; I would have been at your feet more and not taken one day for granted.

If I would have known that my heart would break in a million pieces when I got the phone call; I never would have answered my phone. 

Here's what I do know,  your legacy is our family brand. You were loved by many but adored by me. When I needed someone to talk to,  you were always  there. When I needed to hear the truth, you spoke it. When I needed to vent about your son, you listened and then miraculously the issue would be fixed. When I needed you, you were never too busy for lil ol' me. 

I would have hugged you tighter and kissed you more. I do not have one single regret because I know you lived a life well spent. Rest well - rest easy - and save me a spot! Until I see you again, know that your little firecracker loves and miss you, TREMENDOUSLY! ~jess 


No comments:

Post a Comment