Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Perpetual state of GRATITUDE

Because it is not physically possible to say it enough – Thank YOU.

I have said it once and I will say it again – “self-reflection is the best reflection.”

There were many people in my life that either ensnared a trap or embraced me, just as I am: so to you, I say “thank you.”

I was not wise enough to choose better, even when I knew better: so to me, I say, “thank you.”

Because I was broken, angry, and lost…I could not be better or do better because chaos was my normal: so to situations, I say, “thank you.”

Hurt; made me hurt, with a vengeance. Not only was hurt deposited in my life but the lives of those that I truly love: so to us, I say, “I am sorry.”

Fear; made me tip toe on thin ice because falling through was not an option and staying above water was a chore: so to fear, I say, “thank you.”

Each day…I wake up in a perpetual state of gratitude because I am not who I was – but I am on the road, to be who I am destined to be.  

Some days are better than others: I struggle with self-acceptance and self-love. Often, I struggle with regret…but when I look at where I came from, spiritually, I say Thank  YOU…for being patient with me. Being patient for me. Being patient because of me. 

When I look at the lives of others, my problems, past, and issues are minuscule in comparison. 

When hurt starts to surface, I am reminded to “radically love those who have hurt me, physically and/or emotionally; whether it be family, friend, or foe. The YHWH in me, allows me to release what my heart tries to hold and process as hurt.” I have learned that I, personally, cannot heal from the outside -  inward; I have to permanently heal from the inside – outward. 

So to life, here I am. You have allowed me to experience all that has been thrown at me; now I can stand, eyes up – palms up – with a new heart – a new purpose – in a new world  and shout THANK YOU…because I simply cannot say it enough!

I am grateful for all that were and/or are a part of my life. Every relationship has imparted some type of wisdom into my spirit; either on how to be better or simply, what not to be. I love those that are for me…just as I love those that are against me. Remember, you hold the power to be "happy." “Be the Change. Be the Light. Be the Platform to Life.” ~jess  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment